Contracts, Policies and Forms Pack
Having a clear and robust contract and policies is vital to the smooth running of any childminding business and can help prevent unwanted situations and misunderstandings between parent(s)/guardian(s) and childminders.
This pack contains a fully updated* contract, complemented and reinforced by specially written policies. Also included are lots of useful forms for you to use in your business as well as information about the sort of paperwork you will need.
There is no need to buy repeated contracts. You can print the contracts in this pack as many times as you need.
*Contracts and policies updated in March 2022
To order click the link below and scroll down to the paperwork section
All the documents in this pack are presented in a clean and professional way. They are editable so that you can add adapt them to your own needs and add your own logos if you wish. The following documents are included:
Contract (Last updated March 2022):
A complete contract with accompanying notes to help you complete it. All written in clear and easy to understand language.
The contract contains everything you need including (but not limited to):
- Space to record your details, the child’s and the parent(s)/guardian(s) details.
- Space to record important information such as emergency contracts and who has parental responsibility.
- Organised sections helping you clearly set out financial information such as fees, funded places, deposits or retainer period charges.
- Space to clearly record a child’s normal contracted hours, including space to record contracted hours for children whose parent(s)/guardian(s) work shifts.
- Clear information about when and how the contract can be cancelled, including when an immediate termination of contract may be required.
Policies (Last updated March 2022):
This document includes 21 individual policies written by experienced childminders to help cover the eventualities that may occur in the running of your childminding setting. They are written in clear, easy to understand paragraphs and separated into clear sections where necessary to make it easy for you to find and communicate the required information to parents. The following policies are included:
Essential Childminding Policies
This section contains all the policies directly mentioned in the EYFS and in the Ultimate Childminding Checklist, including the policies you legally MUST have.
- Safeguarding Policy (Containing Missing Child Policy)
- Complaints Policy
- Failure to Collect a Child Policy
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Policy
- Illness and Medical Policy
- Administering Medicine Policy
- British Values Policy
Policies to use in conjunction with the contract
Policies that are extremely useful to use to reinforce your contract.
- Fees Policy
- Food and Drink Policy
- Achieving Positive Behaviour Policy
- Settling in Policy
- Working with Parents Policy
- Late Collection Policy
- Missed Sessions Policy
Other Useful Childminding Policies
- No Smoking or Vaping Policy
- Visitors Policy
- Equal Opportunities and Inclusion Policy
- Nappies and Toilet Training Policy
- Intimate Care Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
This document contains lots of useful forms for you to use in your setting from risk assessment and accident report forms to observation templates and sleep monitoring charts.
Reviews for the recently updated pack
‘I like the clear and easy to understand paragraphs. Over the past couple of years my sickness policy has got very much confusing and too many paragraphs/rules etc. this has certainly helped me to refocus and explain things clearly and to the point.’ Simone